Safe Nights Program Opens for the Season
The Safe Nights program provides winter shelter for the homeless and will resume for the season Nov. 16.
Safe Nights protects Calvert County’s homeless from the cold by providing shelter in a clean and safe environment. Host shelters provide a warm bed and breakfast, a bag lunch and dinner. Shelter hours are 7 p.m. to 7 a.m., seven days a week and the program is offered for approximately 20 weeks.
To qualify, individuals must:
• Be homeless.
• Show identification.
• Show proof of residency in Calvert County.
• Be ambulatory and capable of self-care.
• Be older than 18, unless accompanied by a parent.
• Be drug- and alcohol-free, and pass a background check.
• Sign the guest shelter agreement, and agree to abide by its provisions.
A one-time in-person registration is required each season. Walk-ins are not accepted. Call Calvert County’s Department of Community Resources at 443-486-8670, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.